Aeris MicroBurst System
There are several competing cellular technologies in North America today. Each has different characteristics and they do not play well together.
Monitoring and control applications often require only small amounts of data. For these applications, the Aeris MicroBurst system offers a more efficient solution than other wireless techniques. While other options have higher data capacity, their small coverage areas and high costs sometimes limit their usefulness. The MicroBurst system offers an attractive combination of widespread coverage and low cost.
M2M Communications is a certified application developer for the Aeris MicroBurst network.
The Aeris / M2M system provides two-way communications using the non-voice or control channel of the public cellular network. The airtime cost of this proprietary method is often less than any other method of communications, making remote monitoring and control very affordable. There are also several other attractive features:
- Widespread Coverage — A MicroBurst product from M2M Communications can be installed in most CDMA and GSM digital cellular coverage areas. These are by far the most widespread communication systems in North America. Over 95% of the population base is covered in both the United States and Canada.
CDMA coverage map
GSM coverage map
- No requirement for a local cellular account
- Simple Installation – Simply provide power and a connection to the device to be monitored, and turn it on. The unit will automatically register with the local cellular carrier and report to the M2MCOMM web site.
- No Monthly Cellular Access Fees — M2M transceivers automatically roam in any approved cellular area. No local activation is required.
- Near Real Time Connectivity — data requires only seconds to transmit to (or from) a module.